Saturday 21 July 2012

Pancakes

19 July 2012
Pancakes (With Maple Syrup/ Blueberry/ Strawberry)
After the disappointing result of the green tea mousse cake I made yesterday, I decided to try something easy today. I chose to do pancake. 

I started off with making the blueberry and strawberry. I did a few and set them aside. Then I continued with the pancakes. All went on smoothing except for the whipped cream. It was disaster and very messy. After piping the mixed white clay with liquid clay on my working table, I tried transferring it to the pancake but I could not. It was very difficult to carry it up without destroying the shape I wanted. It was too sticky and struck on my table. I had to try several times before I got it right. By then my work area was full of tissue paper due to the massive cleaning. Next thought that came to my mind was how am I going to clean the piping tip, I started to worry. Suddenly, I remembered my friend told me that since polymer clay use oil to soften, why not try to use it to clean my tools as well. I was very happy that this method works. Finally, I drizzled the sauce on the stacked pancakes. 

Here are the photos of the pancakes I made ^^ Sigh... sorry photos are not sharp again, find it difficult to take mini without micro lens, should I invest on one?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment