Saturday 11 August 2012

Sushi

7-8 August 2012
Sushi (Salmon, Prawn and Tamago)
During the first attempt, I added too much translucent clay to the salmon and prawn, they turned out too translucent.

On the second attempt, I tried to reduce the translucent but now the prawn turned out too white and the colour was not right, too reddish. I think it was not my day, other than the outcome of my sushi work, I accidently spilled a huge amount of varnish on my working area. I had to quickly used some of the varnish from the mat before it dried up and not realizing that I over varnished my work. 

I also realized that the baked polymer marble clay plate turned yellowish after rebake. So that mean I can’t rebake any light colour clay, cos it is quite obvious. I have two options, it is either I bake non-baked plate together with the food or I had to glue the food on the baked plate. I need to experiment them before I decide which I prefer. 

I will need to work on it again, hopefully I can get better result next round. 


No comments:

Post a Comment